Welcome to Henderson Haven, where we proudly share our passion for supporting individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve their full potential. Henderson Haven is a non-profit organization located in Orange Park, Florida that offers support and advocacy services for children and adults with developmental disabilities. We provide intensive behavioral intervention, early autism intervention, developmental disability services, autism service dogs and resource services for parents and caregivers.
Henderson Haven offers a wide range of services that promote independence, skill building, and emotional well-being. Our school services are a crucial part of our mission, designed to help children with developmental disabilities reach their academic, social, and emotional goals.
At Henderson Haven:
- We believe that every child deserves a quality education that meets their unique needs and abilities.
- We offer a highly individualized approach to learning, using evidence-based practices to create an optimal learning environment that is tailored to each student.
- Our team of certified teachers and behavioral specialists work closely with students, families, and other professionals to ensure that each child receives the support and resources they need to succeed.
- Our school services include a range of academic, behavioral, and social-emotional interventions that are customized to each student’s strengths and challenges.
- We use evidence-based practices to promote progress and success. Additionally, we provide access to assistive technology, sensory integration therapies, and other specialized services that help our students thrive.
At Henderson Haven, we believe in the power of positive reinforcement and meaningful connections. We strive to create a compassionate and inclusive environment where every child feels valued, respected, and supported.
We’re here to support you and your family every step of the way. Thank you for considering Henderson Haven, where we presume competence in every individual we serve and strive to help each person achieve a life of true independence and fulfillment.
If you’re interested in learning more about our school services or any of our other programs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Lee spent 7 years as the Vocational Director for a non-profit organization in Lubbock, Texas. He supervised 14 trainers working with over 30 individuals in workshop, job coaching and outside employment settings. He was appointed to the Mayor’s task force for ADA compliance and co-founded the Lubbock County Vocational Council. After shifting to hospitality management, he moved his family to Florida as a General Manager for Chuck E. Cheese’s, he continued a successful career in restaurant and hotel management allowing his wife, Sherri, to focus on raising their three children. After Sherri began assisting other families with advocacy services, they saw the need for services in the area that would focus on the abilities of others, instead of their limitations. Sherri began Henderson Haven and Lee soon followed to focus on the business functions of the company.
Sherri spent four years as a supervisor at the Lubbock State School caring for individuals with severe physical and mental disabilities. Afterwards she worked as a house manager for a six bed group home in Texas. She helped develop and implement programs designed to promote independent living skills. After relocating to Florida with her family, she continued to focus on raising their three children. She found she had to fight for the inclusive rights of her oldest son, Trey, with Down Syndrome, in the local school system and did so successfully. Others began to seek her out for help and advice in dealing with the needs and rights of their children, and the advocacy services of Henderson Haven was started.